At Best British Bloggers, one of the things we love most about our blogging community is its passion…
Whether you’re passionate about the latest gadgets, fashion trends or beauty secrets, we love how passionate you are when it comes to your blog, and the time and effort you take in blogging.
That’s why we hope you’ll bring that passion to our latest project with Sport Relief. This year The Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Mile – which happens all over the UK – is set to be the biggest yet. Best British Bloggers are supporting Sport Relief to help change lives here in the UK, and in some of the world’s poorest countries.
We want you for ‘The Online Mile’. The Online Mile is another way of showing your support for Sport Relief 2012. Upon completion of the five stages of The Online Mile we’ll send you an exclusive Sport Relief badge that you can display on your blog letting all your readers know you’ve helped change lives forever.
So how do you complete The Online Mile?
1) Blog about Sport Relief (we’ve provided some ideas below)
2) Tweet about your blog post
3) Post a Facebook update about your blog post
4) Host a blogger blackout and link to the Sport Relief donation page on your blog on the Sport Relief Night of TV (Friday 23rd March)
5) Inspire someone – whether that’s to partake in The Online Mile or the Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Mile!
Once you’ve done these, just drop us an e-mail and we’ll send your well-earned badge!
What should I blog about?
We’re sure we don’t need to provide you lovely lot with food for thought, but here’s some just in case:
- Are you, or someone you know, running, walking, skipping, jogging, or hopping The Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Mile? If not, why not sign up with your family and friends and document your progress? You can enter here.
- Has Sport Relief funding helped someone you know, or do they support a cause close to your heart? You could blog about the amazing work Sport Relief does and take a look at how the money helps right here in the UK.
- Are you helping to raise money in another way, or are you full of fun fundraising ideas you can inspire your readers with?
What’s a blogger blackout? How will it work?
A blogger blackout is a specific day where instead of posting a regular blog, bloggers post an image or dedication to a cause. On Friday 23rd of March, we’ll provide you with a link to the Sport Relief donation area, and instead of writing a blog that day, you’d simply post a sentence saying that you’re supporting Sport Relief, and link to the donation page.
How will you know when I’ve completed The Online Mile?
Just drop us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘I’ve completed The Online Mile!’, then send us the links (or screen caps if you prefer!) and we’ll send you your well-deserved badge.
I’m tied into a contract with another network, can I still take part?
As you’re not writing a sponsored post or a product review there should be no reason why you can’t take part in The Online Mile. At Best British Bloggers we believe in blogger freedom and will never tie you into a contract, but if you’re worried you might be breaking any rules, please contact your respective network.
Useful Links to fill your boots: